Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! As we prepare for Spring, flowers are always on our minds. We are sharing flower-themed projects with you today and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I have so much fun creating for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop. I try to create something special & I hope you like it. I reached for Forever Blossoms & the matching Cherry Blossoms dies, a favorite from the Annual Catalog.
A SIDE NOTE: The reason this set is a favorite is because it reminds me of a March business trip to Washington, DC. which I took many years ago. I was fortunate to be able to see the cherry trees in bloom. I didn’t have a lot of time, after all it was a business trip, but I spent an hour-ish walking among the trees. What a beautiful experience & memory!
Back to the card… Over the years, I’ve watched many videos on how to color with alcohol markers. For full effect, layering color is the trick with blends & allowing the colors to dry before proceeding with more color or lifting of color. Stampin’ Up makes it easy to know where to shade darker as the shading is “built into” the stamp design.
Even though these blossoms are more vivid than the real life version, I really like them & also I wanted to use the gorgeous Polished Pink color. It takes time to layer color with Blends but so totally worth it! Here I used Petal Pink and Polished Pink on the blooms, Soft Succulent leaves and Pool Party for the background.
I have been making Easter cards, as I send out quite a few. I think this Cherry Blossom is a perfect image for an Easter card. My sentiment is from “Celebrating You” stamp set in the Jan- Jun mini catalog. I can’t believe how much I have used this set! Anyway, I heat embossed with gold & added gold Simple Elegant trim behind the sentiment panel. A little gold bow was added to the stem of the the flower. Lastly, I added some “Loose Flowers” as an extra “wow” embellishment.
- Supplies: All Stampin’ Up
- Stamps: Forever Blossoms, Celebrating You
- Paper: Basic White, Basic Black, Pool Party
- DSP: 6×6 In Color DSP (Polished Pink)
- Ink: Momento Black, Versamark
- Stampin’ Blends: Polished Pink, Petal Pink, Soft Succulent, Pool Party
- Dies: Cherry Blossom, Layering Circles
- Embossing Folders: Dots from Checks & Dots, Tasteful Textures
- Gold Metallic Embossing Powder & Heat Tool
- Accessories: Gold Simply Elegant Trim, Loose Flowers
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping . There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Happy Stamping, Marilyn (aka MJ)Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Joanne Whittington at The Inky Dragon
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spots